I’ll admit, I am normally team commando when it comes to running. However I was excited to try out underwear made specifically for running. Because running in your cotton britches from Target are a recipe for discomfort! Below are the key selling points that had me excited to try RunderWear (Information pulled directly from Runderwear marketing)
- CHAFE-FREE – Using all of our award winning RUNDERWEAR technology, including functional flatlock edging, results in underwear that always performs when you do – chafe-free, guaranteed.
- BREATHABLE & MOISTURE-WICKING – Micro-perforations manage airflow to improve breathability, while technical fabric wicks moisture and sweat away from the skin fast to keep you dry and comfortable.
- SEAMLESS, PREMIUM COMFORT – Constructed using 360° seamless technology means tag free, seamless underwear – creating less irritation and the ultimate experience in both comfort and performance.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED – The RUNDERWEAR range is ergonomically engineered to fit your body shape and move as you move – providing you with maximum support to deliver results mile after mile.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & DURABLE – Our fabric is colour retaining and non-fading, and innovatively designed to be lightweight and very durable so that your underwear will always go the distance with you
I was sent a pair of the Women’s Hipster Runderwear. I was able to try out the Runderwear on 3 different runs. Usually, I will try a product more than that, but I did need time to wash them between runs. So, how did they feel? The short answer, nonexistent. I though there would be some adjustment as I am normally wearing….less, on my runs. However, the light weight materials and breath-ability lives up to its marketing.
The breath-ability, moisture-wicking material will be awesome in the hot and humid summer months. The Runderwear performance was best with looser fitting shorts. I tried them with my typical fitted/compression shorts, some loose fitting shorts with a liner and some shorts with no liner. The difference with a liner and without a liner was not noticeable at all. I think shorts that allow some breathe-ability are the key to taking advantage of the technical material.
One of the issues I did have while running in my Runderwear is the top of the Runderwear came up higher than my typical running shorts. I will admit, I prefer low-rise running shorts so the easy solution would be to try out the hipster low-rise version next time. A plus side, however, is the seamless design. They didn’t just work well with my running clothes, it was perfect in my work apparel too! A great option for runners like me who have to go straight from the “office” ( or in my case, classroom) to running .
Runderwear has products for both men and women, and different styles/cuts for each. For women there are the regular hipsters that I tested, as well as a low-rise variety. There is also thong, brief and boy short option. They also have other undergarment items such as socks and sports bra.
Want to try Runderwear yourself? Use discount code “BIBRAVE20” for 20% off. Valid until Friday, May 31 May.
Keep up with Runderwear on social media!
“Disclaimer: I received an Runderwear to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”