It’s been a while since I have done a weekly wrap up, but I miss these simple posts and it honestly adds a bit of accountability for myself. After a round of the flu, followed by an upper respiratory infection. This week I was finally feeling like myself again. I decided to start slow and focus not only on running but also on all the other little things that support a quality running base.
Honestly, I am completing things based a lot more on interest and my mood at this point and will wait to add structure to my workouts late December or January. Ironically, I always end up with pretty solid workout and my mileage usually climbs fairly easily when I just run and workout based on feel
Here was what my week looked like
- Monday 6 miles @ 7:19 pace + lower body/glute exercises
- I had planned on 4 miles but ended up with 6 as I started a new audio book (How Bad Do You Want It? By Matt Fitzgerald) and I wanted to complete one more chapter.
- After the run I complete a few simple exercises; calf raises, butt bridges, plank lifts, lunges, squats and donkey kicks. I had intended to take a few insta-worthy pics but I get self conscious when others are at the gym.
- Tuesday- 6.02 miles @ 7:37 +strides+abs
- Grabbed some easy miles with my teammate and co-worker. It is a cooler day but once we got running it was pretty darn nice. After the run I did 4 x 10 second strides to get a little bit of turn over. My plan is to be more consistent with these and build on them as the winter goes on.
- After I went back home, my daughter joined me for a short core workout on the stability ball. She loves joining me for my at home workout activities and I love showing her how much fun an active lifestyle can be.
- Wednesday- 6 miles @ 7:14 pace +squat session
- Joined KC Running Company group run for a stride workout/run. Pretty easy gong evening and group. We did 6 miles and every half mile we through in a 60 a second surge.
- After the run Caleb led us in a fun squat session to the song “Relax.”
- Thursday- 5.68 miles @ 7:50
- I thought I was going to be running solo today but luckily a friend messaged us that afternoon looking for some company and I jumped at the chance. We got in a really chill run on a trail by my house. We ran by time and got in 45 minutes. When I am base building I like to run a lot more by time verse distance and will probably continue that a lot more through this next training cycle.
- After my run I got in another core stability workout with my mini workout out partner. I was feeling lazy but she begged me, and I was pretty glad she did.
- Friday- Scheduled Rest Day
- Did a random Yoga for Runners video I found on YouTube. My kiddo started with me but I think the slower movement in yoga leaves her bored. She wandered off about half what through the 15 minutes video.
- Saturday- 15.90 miles @ 8:05 +Insanity
- I kind of, sort of hosted a group run with a local running crew called RUNbelievable. I just really wanted to start building a consistent group run through the winter that catered to a large variety of runners and differences. This group was started with that idea and use to host great group runs and tons of runners would join. I am hoping consistency and continued promotion will allow that group to grow to that again. Thanks for those who joined us this weekend.
- After the group run, my daughter wanted to do a workout video with me. We busted out our old Insanity video and did the Cardio Power and resistance workout. I was surprised, for a lengthy video and workout, she stuck with it. She of course, added her own spin and it was adorable. I was quite sore after.
- Sunday 12.13 @ 7:22
- I joined some local speedsters for some easy miles on Sunday. I was feeling a bit tired though and decided to pull back the pace on the second half, my run buddy Ben. It was fun chatting with a couple ladies that will be heading to CIM and racing shortly.
The temperatures were definitely lower than average this week but overall it was pretty solid running weather. I think the limited wind kept it pretty enjoyable.