Last week I did a post Count Down to Christmas- RunCanvas Favorites and Holiday shopping ideas for your runner- Accessories .
I am continuing with that Christmas theme and sharing my 5 favorite big ticket Christmas ideas for runners. I like to get a head start on my holiday shopping. I don’t want to wait for all the crazies to come out and have to fight through the masses to complete my holiday shopping list. Who are we kidding, I have also been creating my personal Christmas wish list for some time now . I will have a weekly post focusing on RunCanvas favorites to help you get some ideas for yourself or a runner in your life.
- Garmin Watch– A new GPS watch is a great way to get your favorite runner motivated. There is a huge variety of watches so if you are looking into getting one, make sure you have an idea of the needs for your particular runner. Obviously, the more expensive watch usually comes with more bells and whistle but you may be paying for features you don’t really need. Here are a few ideas to help you narrow your selection
- Garmin Forerunner 35- Basic Garmin watch, this watch has a smaller face but still easy to read all of the data needed. Not as many bells and whistles, however it has everything even a competitive runner really needs. Probably my favorite model and the one I am putting on my personal list
- Garmin Forerunner 235– Step up from the 35. This watch has a larger face a few more features. If you have a runner who likes to cross train, this watch may be a great option. Additional add on for biking and swimming available in bundles as well.
- Garmin Vivo Active- This is a great running watch that can double as a fitbit/step counter. With all of the major functionality of a running watch but also tracking of a life style watch. Get your text messages, calls and notifications on the go.
- Air Relax recovery system- I got one of these last year for my birthday and I stinking love it. I use it constantly and it is well worth the price. There are other brands, like Normatec. However, I don’t feel like the quality of product or features justifies the huge price difference.
- Shoes, Shoes and more shoes- Running shoes can come in all kinds of price ranges. The price for shoes seems to be climbing. If you have a runner in your life, you need to head to your fave local running shop and put at least one pair under the tree! If you are in the KC area you need to stop by KC Running Company for your shoe and racing gift ideas!
- Wireless headphones– If your runner likes to jam out while getting their run in, getting some quality wireless headphones are a great idea. I have the Apple Airpods and they are awesome. The do not budge when I am working out the the case holds an additional 24 hour charge so you don’t have to worry about charging it between runs. Obviously, it is your best option if you have other Apple products to pair it with.
- Treadmill – Although I am not a huge fan of treadmills, I wish I had one to make balancing my work, family and training life a tad easier at times. There are so many features and price ranges for a treadmill. You really need to know what your runners needs are before shopping.
What big ticket items are you hoping to see under your Christmas Tree? Comment below!
Disclosure; Runcanvas is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites
This Friday I am linking up with Fairytales and Fitness. Check out the link below!